Friday, March 21, 2008

The latest cliche

(In the interest of full disclosure, I have to say I wasn't going to blog about this, but last night, Hubby said, "Gee, this sounds like something someone would blog about." So, Dearest, I know you know I'm blogging ;-) and everyone else, if you consider this to be TMI, you can blame him!)

The most recent thing that's developed is swelling. And, let me tell you, it freaked me out ;-) One night, I'd spent more of the evening on my feet than normal, and when I finally sat down to catch up on my TV, I looked at my ankles and flipped. Up until this point, I've been wearing my normal shoes, but was considering buying some comfy clogs or sandals for the summer. Now, it looks like I'm going to be forced in that direction. The good thing is, if I prop my feet up (especially while I'm sleeping), it goes back down to nearly normal. I have no facial swelling or severe hand swelling, which I'm told is the kind to be nervous about, so that's good too. My 36 week appointment is on Monday, so we'll double check everything then.

However, there's one huge (no pun intended!) advantage to this whole situation (and this is the TMI part) - no more shaving nicks on my ankles!

Ok, I figured it was time for a picture, although it's not of me. The knitted baby set arrived in the mail yesterday, so I decided to take a pic of it, along with the croched blanket, that have been sent from those family friends. The set ended up including a sweater, pants, a hat, and three pairs of socks in varying sizes. It looks blue in the picture, but it's more towards the lavender end of things; she sent the pattern picture (along with spare yarn, the ball band with washing instructions, and spare buttons) and the baby does look like a girl with a hat on, but it's pretty unisex without it. I'll embroider either flowers or trucks on it depending on the outcome.


The work is beautiful, it's very fine yarn, and I'm just so in love with it. Right now my brain can't handle such fine work, but I'm definitely happy for someone else to do it!

No comments: