Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fire alarms

Well, it's been an interesting two days; we've had three fire alarms, and I'm hoping that they're finished.

It's one of those things that you don't think about. When I was in college, both in the dorms and when I was out on my own, a fire alarm was a simple thing. I had to grab my wallet, my laptop, and make sure I had enough clothing on depending on the weather.

Now, I have to find wallet, passport, clothing, and then grab the diaper bag, a blanket, and something to put the baby in, in case we're outside for a long time. Then I have to grab the baby, make sure he's secure in my arms, and figure out a way to go down the stairs AND cover his ears to protect him from the horrible thousand decibel siren that rings in our hallway.

Today, we had to do that twice, once at 5AM, once at 8AM. The first time I was awake, the second time, we were all asleep.

SO not fun.

No comments: