- Bibs. Buy bibs, lots of them.
- Buying fancy blankies can be a huge waste of money. My kid likes cloth diapers.
- The cuter the outfit, the harder it is to get on and off.
- Sleepers with zippers or snaps only down one leg are a pain in the ass.
- One hour of sleep will feel like a lifetime (and actually seem somewhat refreshing).
- Babies grow FAST. (OK, they do tell you this, but no one believes it until it happens)
- The bigger the diaper, the less you get in a pack.
- You will learn to walk around with your shirt covered in spit up and won't care in the slightest.
And, finally -
That none of these things will matter when your baby looks up at you and smiles, because he knows you're his Mom, and to him at this moment, you're everything. Because forever, to you, he's everything.