Wednesday, October 3, 2007

On being grateful.

One of the many side effects of pregnancy (and there are many, I know, because I've experienced nearly all of them) is the tendency to be overemotional.

I've always been an emotional person, but it hits me at the weirdest times. When I was planning my wedding, I would get teary just thinking about first dance songs. During the ceremony, I bounced around like a jumping bean and never once got choked up because I was just so excited.

Fortunately, I've rarely cried in front of people since becoming pregnant. The only exceptions have been those evenings when I've gone the entire day without food, have been really sick, and my husband comes home and takes care of me. When he comes home, brings me jello and juice, and tucks me into bed, I usually cry because I love and appreciate him so much. The past couple of weeks, though, one thing pops into my head and makes me very emotional.

It's the knowledge that, even though only a handful of people know about my present state, this child is so loved. I am so lucky.

No comments: