Monday, October 8, 2007

So much for my spotless record.

Last night was a tear-fest, and it sucked.

I have many theories as to why I finally just broke down, and I'm not sure which to believe. It was Thanksgiving back at home, and most of my family and friends were eating turkey and taters and desserts like pumpkin pie and apple crisp. Hubby and I did decide to go out for lunch, since I didn't feel like cooking up a big complicated meal, and it was pretty good. I had a great burger, and we stopped for ice cream on the way home.

The physical part of the problem started after we picked up our ice cream - one of my pregnancy symptoms is periodic attacks of *gas*. The pain and discomfort rate up at about 11 out of 10, although it usually resolves itself within 24 hours. So, that didn't help my mood at all.

The emotional part had several components. First, I decided to let my parents tell my 88 year old grandmother, and my dad's cousin (who's like a sister to him), and I think I didn't recognize how far away I'd feel, just talking to them over the phone.

My parents and brothers have known for a while. I'd had a bit of a panicked day when we were home for my older brother's wedding, and so I had to tell Mom, Dad, and my little brother (who was my travel companion during the panicked time - see the bottom of this post), so they were told out of necessity. I told my older brother and sister-in-law shortly after, so as not to take attention away from their wedding.

*Edited to remove my mean-spirited rant*

Sigh. After the whole day's discomforts, I just lost it. Poor Hubby didn't know what to do.

Hopefully this week will be better. It's sunny out right now, when they were forecasting rain, so maybe that's a good sign.

No comments: